e-RING - "BRIDGE DESTRUCTION"
Sr. VFX Artist - 2006
- I did not composite this shot.
- Shot derived from a single still photograph.
- Painted clean plate which consisted of removing the bridge.
- Modeled the bridge in 3D and camera projected original plate back onto bridge to generate textures.
- Wrote a MEL script to auto fracture the bridge, set it up as a soft body lattice and then simulated it shattering.
- Simulated Fluid explosions as well as used stock footage explosion.
- Used Maya Paint Effects to generate foliage which was then synced to the blast to blow around.
- Car and character flying off bridge were completed by Lochlon Johnston.